Shore-Based Maintenance Service Agreement is between the Ship Owner or his Representative and Oilreach Limited with the purpose of maintenance of GMDSS equipment on the vessel specified in the Agreement in an effective working condition and conformity of the vessel to requirements of Convention SOLAS 1974 (Amendments of 1988), Chapter IV, Regulation 15 and Resolutions À702  concerning to GMDSS Shore-Based Maintenance Service system.
According to this Agreement Oilreach Limited undertakes to give the Ship Owner the following kinds of the help:
- Opportunity of reception of round-the-clock consultation of the qualified engineer on any problems in work of the ship radio-electronic equipment at a presence of the vessel at sea.
- Delivery of spare parts for radio-electronic equipment necessary for repair in any port by the crew as agreed with the Ship Owner.
- The organization of visit of the qualified engineer for repair of radio-electronic equipment in any port as agreed with the Ship Owner.
- To support for the given vessel the database containing the information necessary Ship Owner for management of equipment installed on the vessel.
- In due time to inform the Ship Owner on all changes of the International and National Rules concerning radio-navigation equipment.
- To inform the Ship Owner on an opportunity of upgrading of radio-navigation equipment installed onboard a vessel (for example, about presence and advantages of new versions of software).
- The Ship Owner should notify immediately Oilreach Limited on any defect of equipment and agree with us upon maintenance of service and-or repair for this defect elimination or malfunction.
- The order for repair should be made out only in written form and contain, at least, the following information:
- The name of a vessel.
- The name of the manufacturer of the equipment and model, including serial number and version of the software if possible.
- The brief description of malfunction.
- Results of the built-in mode of check (self test) if possible.
- Assumptions on required spare parts.
- ETA / ETD the nearest and following port of call.
- The full address of the ship agent in port of call.
- The given Agreement is for the period of one year and the Ship Owner should pay Oilreach Limited an annual payment depending on GMDSS Area within the limits of which the vessel is maintained.